On December 6, Ken talks about Advent Peace, teaching about Two Experiences with Isaiah 9:6...
First, the Entrance of Peace.
1) God Promises Restoration.
2) God Intervenes Himself.
3) God Sends the Light.
4) God’s Grace Made Available.
5) God’s Peace Has Come.
Second, the Names of Peace: (Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace).
This week Ken begins the Advent Season with his series called JESUS CHRIST IS BORN: LOOKING AT HOPE, PEACE, JOY, AND LOVE. The message for this Sunday is on HOPE from Micah 7:7.
Here are 4 Clear Realities of Hope Found in Jesus… faith rests in the hope of Christ.
1) The need of humanity.
2) The rule of the Messiah over the nations.
3) The fulfillment of the Law.
4) The reality of Jesus our High Priest.
On November 22, Pastor Ken concludes his mini-series on joy in your life from Philippians with this teaching on contentment. There are 5 principles that contentment teaches us...
1) Contentment has to be learned.
2) Contentment teaches us to live unattached from non-essentials in life, and to trust God with all our needs.
3) Contentment teaches us to avoid a desire for more.
4) Contentment teaches us the joy of a satisfied life.
5) Contentment teaches us thankfulness.
On November 15, Ken continues his Live It series teaching about three resolves for true joy in your life. Today, we consider three facts about our citizenship being in heaven...
1) Our True Citizenship.
2) Our Privileges and Responsibilities.
3) Our Security.
On November 8, Ken started a mini-series in Philippians, today talking about Investing in the Gospel. He breaks it down...
1) What is the Gospel?
2) What was the Partnership? (Direct and Indirect Partnership).
3) Partnering in the Gospel, We Share Three Experiences.
- Sharing a Gift.
- Sharing in Suffering.
- Sharing a Task.
On November 1, Ken talked about the five right perspectives of the church, from 1 Peter 5:1-11.
1) Right Perspective of the Glory of Christ (1 Peter 5:1).
2) Right Perspective of the Church as the Flock of God (1 Peter 5:2-3).
3) Right Perspective of Seeing Jesus as our Chief Shepherd (1 Peter 5:4).
4) Right Perspective of Humility Toward One Another (1 Peter 5:5-6).
5) Right Perspective on Discerning Evil (1 Peter 5:8-11).
On October 25, Pastor Ken talked about the role of grace in the life of a believer...
1) The Theology of Grace (Grace 101) - 1 Peter 4:1-6
2) The Grace that Forms our Lifestyle (Christian Living 101) - 1 Peter 4:7-11
3) The Reality of Grace in the Face of Adversity (Suffering 101) - 1 Peter 4:12-19
On October 18, Ken talked about the blessings we have in Christ, and that...
1) We are people of blessing, so we bless others - 1 Peter 3:8
2) We are people of blessing because of our own spiritual blessings - 1 Peter 3:9-22
a. God is our safety (He has us - 1 Peter 3:10-12),
b. Jesus is our standard for life (1 Peter 3:13-16), and
c. We are secure in God (1 Peter 3:17-22)