October 17, 2021
On October 17, Ken continues his fall teaching series on the Mind Matters with this message called, Changing Your Mind, from Romans 12:1-2, Colossians 1:21-22.
The Context of this Challenge: an absolute truth.
The Critical Nature of this Challenge: a significant moral dilemma.
The Challenge: the renewal of your mind.
October 10, 2021
On October 10, Ken continues his Fall series called, The Mind Matters, with this message, the Mind Deceived - 2 Corinthians 11:3
“But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.”
- The Human Context (1-2)
- A Warning Against Deception (3)
4 facts of deception
- The Possibility of Deception – but I am afraid . . . that you will be led astray
- The Source of Deception – the serpent’s cunning
- The Objective of Deception – leading you from devotion to Christ
- The Location of Deception – your minds
Conclusion: your sincere and pure devotion to Jesus
October 3, 2021
On October 3, Ken continues his Fall teaching series, the Mind Matters, with a message called, "The Mind Under Attack" from 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
1. There Exists Spiritual Battles
1) Spiritual Battles Are Personal
- Coming from People
- Coming as Personal Accusations
2) Spiritual Battles Call Forth Spiritual Weapons
2. The Mind Represents the Location of These Battles
1) Two Ways of Attack
- High and Lofty Things
2) Two Spiritual Responses
- Take every thought captive in obedience to Christ
September 26, 2021
On September 26, Ken talked about community on our special Celebrate Community Sunday.
5 IRREFUTABLE FACTS OF CHURCH AS COMMUNITY
- We are a community as one new man (Ephesians 2:15-19a)
- We are a community of supernatural existence (Ephesians 2:19-20)
- We are a community that prioritized the presence of God (Ephesians 2:21-22)
- We are a community fundamentally built upon the identity of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 4:11-13)
- We are a community that genuinely expresses encouragement for one another (Hebrews 3:12-13)
ONENESS - Ephesians 2:19-20
19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.
AUTHENTICITY - Ephesians 4:11-13
11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
ENCOURAGEMENT - Hebrews 3:13-14
13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. 14 We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end.
September 19, 2021
On September 19, Ken continues a new teaching series called, MIND MATTERS, today's message is, The Mind of Christ, from 1 Corinthians 2:16.
“For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him. But we have the mind of Christ.”
Two Steps closer to the Mind of Christ in Your Life.
First, become more fully aware of the mind of Christ.
1) To have the “mind of Christ” indicates that we understand God’s plan in the world.
2) To have the “mind of Christ” indicates that we identify with Christ’s purpose “to seek and to save what was lost”
3) To have the mind of Christ indicates that we share Jesus’ perspective of ...
- Humility and obedience
- Prayerful and Relational Dependence Upon God
Second, Intentionally Apply His Mind to Your Life.
1) Build the Contrast (1 Corinthians 2:4-6)
2) Live by the reality of your salvation (1 Corinthians 2:7-9)
3) Depend Upon the Spirit of God (1 Corinthians 2:10-15)
Conclusion: The Mind of Christ
September 12, 2021
On September 12, Ken begins a new teaching series called, MIND MATTERS, today's message is, What’s On Your Mind (and why it matters).
5 Appraisals of the Mind
1. God’s standard for our mind: “whatever is excellent or praiseworthy, think on these things” (Philippians 4:8)
(A test of our thoughts)
- Whatever is true.
- Whatever is honorable (noble).
- Whatever is right.
- Whatever is pure.
- Whatever is lovely.
- Whatever is of a good report.
- Excellent or praiseworthy.
2. The source and significance of our thoughts. “Guard your heart (mind).” (Proverbs 4:23)
3.The problem with our own thoughts. “Whoever trusts his own mind is a fool.” (Proverbs 18:26)
4. The direction of our thoughts. “You will keep in perfect peace the mind that is stayed on you” (Isaiah 26:3)
5. The genuineness of our thoughts. “Love the Lord with all your mind” (Matthew 22:37)
September 5, 2021
On September 5, our guest speaker today is Julia Wallace Butler, our missions partner serving in Lebanon for the past year. She is a product of the ministry of King's Grant, and she and her husband are being used greatly, making a difference in the kingdom of God overseas. Her message is on the Temple of God, guiding us from the beginning of the Old Testament until the filling of the Holy Spirit in the life of the church and each believer.
August 29, 2021
On August 29, in Pastor Ken concludes our summer teaching series on overcoming discouragement with this message, SEE WITH EYES OF FAITH - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
1. Consider What is Seen
2. Consider What is Unseen
August 22, 2021
On August 22, in Pastor Ken's absence, Scott continues our summer teaching series on overcoming discouragement with this message, Anticipate Eternity, 2 Corinthians 4:13-15.
We can endure a lot when we have the hope that this earthly life is not all that there is. To remember this teaching, let's use the acrostic HEAVEN...
H -- Heaven (2 Corinthians 12:1-9, Genesis 1:14-18, John 3:16, 14:2, Ephesians 4:8, Revelation 20:4, 6, 22:1-2, 1 Corinthians 2:9, 1 John 3:2)
E -- Evangelism (Romans 10:13-15, Acts 1:8)
A -- Anticipation (Philippians 3:20, Matthew 24:43, 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 4)
V -- Victory (Revelation 12:11)
E -- Entreaties (1 Timothy 2:1)
N -- New Birth (John 3:3, 16, Romans 5:8, Genesis 1:27, 3:6)
August 15, 2021
On August 15, Pastor Ken continues his summer teaching series on overcoming discouragement with this message, Live in Christ, 2 Corinthians 4:10-12.
Discovering the “what”, “how”, and “why” of living in Christ.
The "WHAT" – (an explanation, v. 10) – The issue of identity (‘in Christ”)
The "HOW" – (an application, v. 11) – The issue of certainty (‘in Christ”)
- There will be sufferings
- There will be opportunities for the life of Christ to be seen
The "WHY" – (a manifestation, v. 12) – The issue of ministry